Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Healthy Pancake Recipe...


I have been eating these pancakes for over a year now and they are sooo delicious, the recipe I used started with the Protein Pancakes from ToneItUp on YouTube, but I have changed it quite a bit...

Ingredients
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Ripe Mashed Banana
- 4 tbsp Oats or Ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp Protein Powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon


This is such a quick and easy breakfast to make, it's wheat free, dairy free, sugar free and can be gluten free when made with the ground almonds or by using gluten free oats.

Directions
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix really well...






...drizzle a small amount of cooking oil such as rapeseed or coconut, or cooking spray...


...on a medium to low heat spoon 2tbsp per pancake...


...cook for 30 seconds and flip them over for another 30 seconds.


This recipe makes 6 small pancakes (I measure 2 tbsp of batter when cooking them). These can be eaten on their own, or you can add some fresh fruit, some jam, or a drizzle of maple syrup, YUMMY.

Calories using oats: 282 
Calories using oats without protein powder: 182
Calories using ground almonds: 446
Calories using ground almonds without protein powder: 346



2 comments:

  1. hmmm looks good !

    I think due to the ingredients this one will fill more if you understand what I mean haha :)

    I meant you when using oats it get's richer so you will be full quicker as well;) haha hope that made sense :)

    Anyway I will try this out :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete