Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

DIY Neon Shatter Nails...

This is my summer 'go to' nail look, I always get compliments where ever I go or people ask me where I got them done, and since the 'transfer' type nails came out some people think it's them. 

It looks like you spent a lot of time on them when really it doesn't take long at all, a friend even thought I painted on the black freehandedly, when I explained it was a polish that 'shatters' / 'crackles' she was amazed. 



You will need;
- 3 bright/neon nail colours
- glitter nail polish 
- shatter nail polish
- top coat



Starting with this bright turquoise nail polish paint a horizontal stripe a third of the nail...



...taking a bright yellow nail polish paint another third of the nail...



...taking a bright neon pink paint the last third of the nail and let your nail dry before the next step...



...using any glitter nail polish with a clear base, paint the nail and wait for your nails to dry, here I have used Pirouette My Whistle by OPI...



...using a black shatter nail polish apply a one thick coat. Applying a thick coat will leave bigger chunks of black polish compared to a thin coat which will leave much smaller chunks of black polish. Once again let this dry before the final step... 



...finish with a top coat of your choice.


I would love to know what your favourite summertime nail polishes are, leave me a comment down below and have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks a good way. Loving the look xoxo

    prettythings56.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so lovely! Defo worth the time and effort :) x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete