Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Makeover Time...

Today I had an idea that I would give my blog a bit of a makeover...hence the title of this post. Thinking this would be a quick job starting around midday while currently looking at the time at 9:04pm it was definitely a long job and also really hard.

This is what my blog used to look like

I thought it looked quite harsh, cold, not very girly and a bit dull.


Over 9 hours later it looks like this...

I am really pleased with the end result, I still can't believe it took me sooooo long, but I got there in the end.

Starting with the header I kept the same image but changed the colours to what I think is not as harsh as before. 

Adding the pink border with rounded corners took a bit a google-ing, as I was messing around with the HTML coding... something that I haven't done since I was at uni.

The longest and hardest part was creating the background image. I really love the 'bokeh' effect and totally been obsessed with it, I think it looks magical, girly and just really nice. I didn't want to copy and paste it in, I wanted to make it myself.

Using GIMP (it's like Photoshop but it's free) I followed this tutorial to create my background. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this, and hope you all like the new look.


7 comments:

  1. Your layout looks lovely :) I wish I was better with HTML etc! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks so lovely!
    I'm so not talented with all of this
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog re design, its gorgeous

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new layout :)

    Dusterknuckles | I'm Having A Celine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look!
    I recently changed my layout too and my goodness it took 4 hours! madness

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice re-design!!!love pink! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete