Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

DIY Icing On The Nails...


For this DIY, my inspiration came from the cover of the latest ASDA Magazine, don't they look yummy.





~~~

This is how they looked like once I finished



~~~

Things you need:
- Base Coat (OPI Natural Nail Base Coat)
- Base Colour (Revlon 185 Sweet Tart)
- Nude Polish (Rimmel 60 Seconds 500 Caramel Cupcake)
- White Polish (OPI Alpine Snow)
- Red Polish (Barry M 262)
- Top Coat (Couldn't find mine so used the base coat)
- Fine Brush



~~~

 First apply a base coat and a base colour...



~~~


...next draw a heart on each nail...



~~~

...on my small finger I wanted the look of dusted icing sugar, I did this using the brush and stippling on the while polish...


~~~

...the next nail I did a red outline inside the heart...



~~~

...on the middle nail I drew red lines diagonally across the heart...



~~~

...then I painted the inside of the heart leaving an inner border...


~~~

...on the thumb I used white and pink polish to create the look of piped icing...


~~~

...finish the look with a top coat.

Have a great Valentine's Day everyone.



17 comments:

  1. Your nails remind me of the lovehearts sweets for some reason. I really like them :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh *screams inside* these are sooooo cute!
    Oh my.. now I'm reading through all of your posts.
    I'm a new follower :) Could you give me a follow back please?
    http://bex1ar.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks thats so sweet

      i'll have a look at your blog since you asked so nicely

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, these are so adorable, and so professional too! :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have alot of patience, I'd get annoyed after doing the first nail! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so cute :) it's inspired me to have a go at valentines nails x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute designs :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is quite cute!
    now following your blog, lovely.
    hope you do the same: www.vicariousLA.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so sweet!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seeing a lot of nails posts lately and this is up there in my 'favourite nails' list!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so cute xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty nails, that revlon colour is lovely!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete